Medication Therapy Management Program
What is the Medication Therapy Management (MTM) program?
Who is eligible for the MTM program?
- You have three or more chronic health problems. These may include:
- Chronic heart failure (CHF)
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- End-stage renal disease (ESRD)
- High blood fat levels
- High blood pressure
- You take seven or more daily medicines covered by Medicare Part D.
- You spend $3,919 or more per year on Part D covered medications.
How does the MTM program help you?
- Any questions or concerns about your prescription or over-the-counter medicines, such as drug safety and cost.
- Better understanding your medicines and how to take them.
- How to get the most benefit from your medicines.
What will you receive?
- A welcome letter that tells you how to get started.
- Full medication review.
- You will have the chance to review your medicines with a highly trained pharmacist or a pharmacist intern under the direct guidance of a pharmacist each year. This review will take about 20-30 minutes. During this call any issues with your medicines will be discussed. The call can be scheduled at a convenient time for you.
- After you complete the full medication review, a summary is mailed to you. The summary includes a medication action plan with space for you to take notes or write down any follow-up questions.
- You also will be mailed a personal medication list that lists all of the medicines that you take and the reasons why you take them.
- View an example of the full medication review letter:
- Ongoing targeted medication reviews.
- At least once every three months, your medicines will be reviewed, and you or your doctor will be contacted if you should think about any changes in your medicines.
- You may get a letter or a phone call for this review.